quality sinks with no freight charges and at a reasonable price


What tools should I have before I begin installing my faucet? 
Some common tools include: Basin wrench Adjustable wrench Silicone sealant - Plumber's Putty is not generally recommended. Teflon® tape, Channel locks, Screwdriver (Phillips and slotted) and Flashlight.  Please refer to the Maintenance & Installation Sheet supplied with the faucet to make sure you have all the necessary tools. If you need a Maintenance & Installation Sheet for your faucet visit the Online Catalog. When your product appears, select the Maintenance & Installation option to view the installation information. 

Although a wrench can not be used on the caps or bonnet nuts, can a strap wrench be used? 
Yes, you just need to be cautious not to scratch or bend the part. 

My single hole, single handle kitchen faucet keeps loosening up. What do I need? 
Most likely you have an Americast sink by American Standard. You need to put plumbers cloth between the bottom of the sink and the bracket to allow it to grip. If your sink is a different brand, you need to clean between the sink and bracket to get a good surface and tighten down on the bracket nut. 

On my widespread kitchen, bathroom sink, lavatory, or Roman tub faucet, no matter how I put my stem in the handle turns the wrong. What's wrong? 
On all widespread's the end valves have to be oriented so that the inbound (hard line) is away from the spout and the hose or corrugated line is toward the spout. Otherwise reversing the stem in the valve will not make the handle turn in the right direction. Another way to check is to look down in the valve and the seat must be away from the spout in both hot and cold valves. If one or both end valves are installed incorrectly the only way to fix is to re-install the bodies in the appropriate orientation. 

On my widespread kitchen, bathroom sink, lavatory, or Roman tub faucet there is too much of a gap between the escutcheon and the handle. How can I fix this? 
A small gap is normal and necessary to allow proper movement of the handle without damaging the escutcheon below it. An excessive gap results from improper height adjustment at the time of installation. To fix it: Loosen the nut under the counter/sink. Then screw the escutcheon UP just enough to make up the gap. Then re-tighten the nut. This lowers the valve and reduces the gap. 

Why does water come out of my showerhead and the spout at the same time? 
You're experiencing "shower-rise" where the water can’t get out of the spout as fast as it flows through the valve. This causes the water to back up and come out the showerhead. There can be one of several reasons for this: The valve is upside down- The length from the valve to the tub spout is outside of the 8" to 18" rule - There is more than one 90 degree angle - Something other than copper or galvanized pipe was used going to the spout. The most common reason is that there is something restricting the water flow to the spout, e.g. solder or something lodged in the pipe. If this is the cause of shower-rise it is possible to remove the blockage by removing the tub spout; then, feeding a plumber’s snake or a speedometer cable up through the tub drop. The act of feeding it causes it to twirl and loosen the blockage. Be sure to flush the valve before reinstalling the tub spout. Be sure to check the tub spout itself for blockage. After installation and closing of the wall, there is little that can be done to remedy this situation if the cause is #1 through 4. 

How can I make sure my shower is safe? 
To avoid dangerously hot temperatures, make sure your water heater is set at 120º F or below. Install a pressure balance tub and shower valve. Set the valve’s adjustable rotational limit stop to prevent the temperature handle from being turned to dangerously hot levels. Test the tub/shower water with your hand before bathing. 

Why do my handles work backward on my two-handle faucet? 
 On a two-handle kitchen or bathroom faucet, if the handles rotate in the wrong direction, simply rotate the right stem stop assembly 180 degrees. This will change the rotation of the handle to the other direction. 

Can I change the handles on my two-handle faucet? 
 Yes. Two-handle kitchen, bathroom and bath tub/shower models can be fitted with a wide variety of handle styles to suit your tastes. Changing handles is simple and takes less than five minutes. If you are changing from lever handles to knob or porcelain cross handles, you will need to re-orient the right (cold) handle stem stop so the stem stop faces inward. If you are changing from knob or porcelain cross handles to lever handles, you will need to re-orient the right (cold) handle stem stop so the stem stop faces outward (both left and right handle stem stops should orient to the right). 

Can I change my single-handle knob faucet to a lever? 
Single-handle lavatory and tub/shower models can be converted from a clear or smoked knob handle to a lever handle. However, the "action" of a lever handle differs from a knob handle so you also need a different ball valve (RP20111) in your faucet for the lever handle to operate properly. A single-handle faucet converted from knob handle to lever handle will operate slightly differently from an "original equipped" lever model. 

After turning off my pull-out spray faucet, water continues to drip for a minute or so. Is something wrong? 
Nothing is wrong. Water is simply emptying from the aerator and the hose of your faucet. 

What do I do if my two-handle faucet leaks under the handle? 
A: On a two-handle faucet, try tightening the bonnet. If that does not work, you may need to replace the stem. 

What should I do if water is leaking behind the wall of my bath tub/shower valve? 
Shut off the water supplies to your bath tub/shower valve. If you cannot find the supplies for your bath tub/shower valve, shut off the water to your house using your main shut-off valve. Call a licensed professional plumbing contractor for assistance. Note: Consumer safety is our number one concern. If you do not have experience with plumbing repairs, we recommend that you contact a licensed plumber for tub/shower repairs. 

My hose doesn't extend as far as it used to. What could be wrong? 
The hose for the pull-out faucet is flexible. Make sure it isn't caught on something underneath the sink. 

Sometimes I have a mixed spray and stream pattern coming from my pull-out. What could cause this? 
The pull-out uses a side-to-side diverter to change spray patterns. Make sure the diverter is pushed all the way to one side or the other to avoid a mixed spray/stream pattern. 

My vegetable spray hose is leaking, why? 
The white retainer and o-ring were displaced through repeated installation and removal of the quick connect hose connections. 

Are "tankless" water heaters recommended? 
Often the outgoing water pressure from a "tankless" water heater is relatively low. As a result, these devices are not generally recommended for use with pressure balanced units due to the possible differences in water pressure from the hot and cold lines. For example, if you were to have 20 PSI on the hot supply line and 50 PSI on the cold, since pressure balancing adjusts to the low pressure, your resulting operating pressure in the shower will be reduced. 

Why does my new faucet have reduced flow? My old faucet had plenty of volume. 
Please keep in mind that all new faucets since 1994 are restricted to conserve water per EPA code mandates. Older faucets had no restrictions. Beyond intentional flow restriction, new installations can sometimes have reduced flow if the lines are not flushed prior to installation of aerators or shower heads. The flow restrictors required for aerators and shower heads can clog, resulting in greatly reduced flow rates. Remove the aerator or shower head and make sure the flow restrictor is not clogged. 

Why does my water pressure and/or water temperature change when I'm taking a shower and water is called for elsewhere in the house (by a dishwasher, washing machine or toilet flush)? 
Multiple usage of water in your house causes fluctuations in water pressure. If, while showering, your water temperature changes substantially and pressure drops when water is called for elsewhere in the house, your faucet is not equipped with a pressure balance device. Under certain circumstances, this could present a safety hazard. While no faucet manufacturer can compensate for the water pressure fluctuation. 

FAQs about sinks. Stainless steel, copper, nickel,  and porcelain undermount or drop-in sinks.

porcelian sinks
FAQs about sinks. Stainless steel, copper, nicklel, acrylic, and porcelain undermount or drop- in sinks.
How can I pay for my sink?
We accept Credit Cards and PayPal

What does the gauge of the stainless steel mean?
The gauge is the thickness of the stainless steel. An easy rule of thumb is the lower the number of the gauge the thicker and better the stainless steel. Therefore, 18 gauge is better than 20 gauge. Most stainless steel sinks are 18 gauge.  Tritan are 16 gauge.

What does chrome-nickel content mean?
Chrome-Nickel content refers to the percentage of chrome and nickel in the stainless steel. Chrome gives the stainless steel its luster & durability, while the nickel is for the hardness & strength. 18/10 Stainless Steel means it contains 18% Chromium or Chrome and 10% Nickel. A sink with an 18/10 chrome-nickel content is considered to be an excellent grade due to its corrosive resistance and greater durability.

I scratched or dented my sink, what do I do?
There is no way to avoid minor dents and scratches, in time they will blend in.  If you are extremely bothered by them try using a metal polish.  We have had success with a brand called "Top Brite".  It will work on minor scratches.
stainless steele sinks
                 Warehouse Prices on Designer Sinks